Set up in 2009, the organisation existed as a simple solution for chocolate makers sourcing traceable cocoa from Ghana. It has grown into a global service provider, linking some of the biggest brands in the sector with thousands of communities, with the aim of transforming cocoa farmer livelihoods for a more transparent, responsible and sustainable cocoa sector.
Why was Source Trust established?
- To help farmers improve their livelihoods
- To pave the way for long-term sustainable cocoa production
- To fill the gaps left by certification:
- Provide farmer training
- Provision of farm inputs and planting material
- Deliver much needed community infrastructure